The Etkiniz EU Programme will hold a webinar on International Human Rights Mechanism on Friday, April 10th 2020 at 14.00. The webinar, which will feature Ulaş Karan of Istanbul Bilgi University as a guest, will bring together civil society organisations and the Etkiniz EU Programme.
The webinar on the subjects of the significance of international human rights mechanisms and how CSOs may engage in monitoring activities using these mechanisms at this time of #stayhome, will be joined by Asc. Prof. Dr. Ulaş Karan of Istanbul Bilgi University
Which Subject Will the Webinar Cover?
The main questions Ulaş Karan will bring up for debate at the webinar are the following:
- Which human rights protection mechanisms are in place at the United Nations and the Council of Europe?
- Why are international human rights mechanisms important?
- How may CSOs make use of international human rights mechanisms?
- How may CSOs engage with international human rights protection mechanisms during the period of #stayhome?
How to Participate in the Webinar
- You may join in the online session by using either your computer or your smartphone. Those who want to participate should click on the link below and fill in the registration form:
- After registration, you need to click on the invitation link, which will be sent to your e-mail address towards the time of the meeting and download the Zoom application, over which the webinar will take place, to your computer or your smartphone. The download should take no longer than 10 seconds.
- The documents below list the steps required to download the Zoom application and join the webinar:
Reference information for joining via smartphone: click on!
Reference information for joining via computer: click on!
- If you are not directed to the meeting after downloading the application, you may join by entering the code 258-202-823 on the screen that comes up.
- Webinar attendance is limited to 100 people. To prevent problems with the progress of the meeting, it will not be possible to join the webinar once 100 people have joined it. If there are more than 100 registrations, the first 100 users who enter the system at the time of the meeting will get to join.
- A reminder e-mail will be sent to you prior to the webinar by the Etkiniz EU Programme.
- Pınar Baykan of the Anlatan Eller Association will provide sign language interpretation for the webinar.
- Please make sure that you have uninterrupted internet access and headphones without sound problems before the webinar.
- You may send any questions regarding the webinar to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more detailed information on the Etkiniz EU Programme you may visit the address www.etkiniz.eu , or our social media accounts. Stay in touch for the online trainings to be held by the Etkiniz EU Programme during April!
Etkiniz Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/etkinizab
Etkiniz Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/etkiniz/
Etkiniz Twitter: https://twitter.com/etkinizab
Etkiniz YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCup8UZ0_ZiforqoM-acAr7g