Etkiniz compiles up-to-date calls for applications to international mechanisms in various rights fields.
Below is a list of recent calls:
- Call for inputs on intimidation and reprisals for the annual report of the Secretary-General: https://www.ohchr.org/EN/Issues/Reprisals/Pages/Call-for-submissions-to-annual-SG-report.aspx The deadline is 15 April 2022.
- For Questionnaire in relation to Human Rights Council resolution 47/24 on human rights and climate change: https://www.ohchr.org/Documents/Issues/ClimateChange/Questionnaire.pdf
- For Call for Input: Decriminalization of homelessness and extreme poverty: https://www.ohchr.org/EN/Issues/joint-activity/Pages/Decriminalization-homelessness.aspx
- 10th Annual Forum on Business and Human Rights: https://www.ohchr.org/EN/Issues/Business/Forum/Pages/2021ForumBHR.aspx
- Call for input: Report on the rights of persons belonging to religious or belief minorities in situations of conflict: https://bit.ly/3Dl15tC
- Call for input: Normative standards and obligations under international law in relation to the promotion and protection of the human rights of older persons: https://bit.ly/3ciSjjT
- UN Special Rapporteur on Minority Issues Conflict Prevention through the protection of the human rights of minorities. Call for Submissions by 6 December 2021: https://bit.ly/323gD7K
- Call for input to 2022 reports: indigenous peoples and people living in rural areas: https://www.ohchr.org/EN/Issues/WaterAndSanitation/SRWater/Pages/indigenous-peoples-and-people-in-rural-areas.aspx
- Call for input: Thematic studies of the Expert Mechanism on the Right to Development: https://www.ohchr.org/EN/Issues/Development/EMD/Pages/ThematicStudiesInputs.aspx
- Call for submissions: Thematic report to the UN Human Rights Council “Social protection: a reality check”: https://www.ohchr.org/EN/Issues/Poverty/Pages/SocialProtection-RealityCheck.aspx Deadline is 20 December 2021.
- Call for input to 2022 reports: indigenous peoples and people living in rural areas: https://www.ohchr.org/EN/Issues/WaterAndSanitation/SRWater/Pages/indigenous-peoples-and-people-in-rural-areas.aspx Deadline is 31 December 2021.
- Call for input: Thematic studies of the Expert Mechanism on the Right to Development: https://www.ohchr.org/EN/Issues/Development/EMD/Pages/ThematicStudiesInputs.aspx Deadline is 31 December 2021.
- Call for submissions for upcoming report: Roles and responsibilities of non-state actors in transitional justice processes: https://www.ohchr.org/EN/Issues/TruthJusticeReparation/Pages/CallReportNSAs.aspx Deadline is 14 January 2022.
- Call for submissions: Right to Freedom of Opinion and Expression: Opportunities, Challenges and Threats to Media in the Digital Age. https://bit.ly/3256F61 Deadline is 15 January 2022.
- Call for contributions: Violence and its impact on the right to health: https://www.ohchr.org/EN/Issues/Health/Pages/Violence-and-its-impact-on-the-right-to-health.aspx Deadline is 18 January 2022.
- Call for input on the state of knowledge and implementation of the United Nations Manual on the Effective Prevention and Investigation of Extra-Legal, Arbitrary and Summary Executions(the Minnesota Protocol) https://ohchr.org/EN/Issues/Executions/Pages/cfi-minnesota-protocol.aspx Deadline is 30 January 2022.
- Call for inputs: Trafficking of persons in the agricultural sector: https://www.ohchr.org/EN/Issues/Trafficking/Pages/cfi-agricultural-sector.aspx Deadline is 31 January 2022.
- Call for inputs in view of the special initiative marking the 30th anniversary of the Declaration on the Protection of All Persons from Enforced Disappearance: https://www.ohchr.org/EN/Issues/Disappearances/Pages/30th-anniversary-DPAED.aspx Deadline is 2 February 2022.
- Call for inputs: Report to the Human Rights Council on the realisation of the right of persons affected by violence and discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity to the enjoyment of the highest attainable standard of physical and mental health, in relation to SDG3 https://www.ohchr.org/EN/Issues/SexualOrientationGender/Pages/CFI-IE-SOGI-report-50thsession-HRC.aspx Deadline is 7 February 2022.
- Call for inputs: Study on the Impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on human rights of young people – Human Rights Council Resolution 48/12 https://docs.google.com/document/d/1v3NmAK5qWCnI5Gg2eH3130FAaTwsqE1B/edit Deadline is 15 February 2022.
- Call for inputs from the mandate of the Special Rapporteur on the rights to freedom of peaceful assembly and of association for his report to be presented at the 50th session of the Human Rights Council https://www.ohchr.org/EN/Issues/AssemblyAssociation/Pages/hrc50report.aspx Deadline 18 February 2022.
- Call for inputs: Report on human rights violations at international borders: trends, prevention and accountability: https://www.ohchr.org/EN/Issues/Migration/SRMigrants/Pages/HRInternationalBorders.aspx Deadline 28 February 2022.
- Call for inputs: report on victims of mercenaries, mercenary related actors, and private military and security companies: https://www.ohchr.org/EN/Issues/Mercenaries/WGMercenaries/Pages/victims-of-mercenaries.aspx Deadline is 28 February 2022.
- Call for inputs – Special Rapporteur on the right to development COVID recovery plans and policies and the right to development: https://www.ohchr.org/EN/Issues/Development/SRDevelopment/Pages/Call-COVID-recovery-plans-and-policies.aspx Deadline is 1 March 2022.
- Call for submissions “Mercury, artisanal and small-scale gold mining and human rights” https://www.ohchr.org/EN/Issues/Environment/SRToxicsandhumanrights/Pages/CFI-Mercury-gold-mining-and-human-rights.aspx Deadline is 7 March 2022.
- Call for input: Addressing the vulnerabilities of children to sale and sexual exploitation in the framework of the Sustainable Development Goals. The deadline is 14 March 2022. For detailed information: https://www.ohchr.org/EN/Issues/Children/Pages/report-vulnerabilities-children.aspx
- Fellowship Programme of the UN Human Rights Office – Humanitarian Funds 2022 – 2023 Fellowship vacancy: https://www.ohchr.org/EN/Issues/Torture/UNVFT/Pages/Fellowship-programme.aspx Deadline is 15 March 2022.
- Call for inputs: Call for input to report on contemporary forms of slavery in the informal economy: https://www.ohchr.org/EN/Issues/Slavery/SRSlavery/Pages/informal-economy.aspx Deadline is 15 March 2022.
- Call for input: Report of the Independent Expert on protection against violence and discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity to the 77th General Assembly on peace, security, sexual orientation and gender identity: https://www.ohchr.org/EN/Issues/SexualOrientationGender/Pages/SOGIconflict.aspx Deadline is 30 March 2022.
- Call for inputs: Call for inputs – Report on violence against women and girls in the context of the climate crisis, including environmental degradation and related disaster risk mitigation and response: https://www.ohchr.org/EN/Issues/Women/SRWomen/Pages/climatecrisis.aspx Deadline is 31 March 2022.
- Report on older persons deprived of their liberty. The deadline is 1 April 2022. For detailed information: https://www.ohchr.org/EN/Issues/OlderPersons/IE/Pages/report-older-persons-deprived-liberty.aspx
- Call for input: Report on older persons and the right to adequate housing: https://www.ohchr.org/EN/Issues/OlderPersons/IE/Pages/cfi-right-adequate-housing.aspx Deadline is 1 April 2022.
CSOs could send a request for support to Etkiniz to apply international human rights mechanisms. For detailed information: https://etkiniz.eu/english/access-to-international-human-rights-mechanisms/