From November 20th 2020 onwards, the Etkiniz EU Programme will prioritise support demands by CSOs who will present monitoring reports to the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child at the assessment stage.
The UN Committee on the Rights of the Child awaits inputs from CSOs in the process of drawing up the third periodic report for Turkey. The Committee will interview CSOs which have submitted reports between June 7th and 11th 2021. The deadline for the submission of reports to the Committee on the Rights of the Child is March 1st 2021.
Etkiniz aims to prioritise supporting the work of associations, foundations, bar associations, trade unions and professionals’ organisations that have benefited numerically and proportionally less from its support and which aim to present a report to the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child by March 1st 2021 and to make their work more visible. Etkiniz assesses the compliance of support requests once every two months, but it will respond to requests concerning the preparation of reports for the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child within two weeks at most.
CSOs which will submit reports to the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child simply need to add the expression “UNCRC” to the title of work line when requesting support for Access to International Human Rights Mechanisms.
A single request may be given up to EUR 3000 worth of support.
You may find out more about the scope of the support to the provided to CSOs below, or visit https://etkiniz.eu/english/supports/ for detailed information on Etkiniz support.
Which activities can CSOs to submit reports to the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child carry out with Etkiniz support?
- The translation of their currently completed reports,
- The printing of their currently completed reports,
- Report preparation and dissemination,
- Awareness, campaigning and advocacy work connected to the report,
- Holding online meetings.
The activities listed above are given by way of example. Activities that may be carried out using Etkiniz support are not limited to the above.
For details on work that may be carried out under Support for Access to International Human Rights Mechanisms, please visit.
Which costs does Etkiniz support for your work?
You may request support for the following types of costs under the two support categories of Etkiniz:
- Meeting costs (Only for online meetings until January 1st A separate decision will be taken on January 1st 2021 on whether to expand the scope of support depending on the course of pandemic.),
- Stationary costs,
- Written translation (reports, flyers, videos etc.),
- Interpretation (simultaneous and consecutive),
- Sign language interpretation,
- Equipment rentals,
- Website design, software and management (Support under the website design is only provided if it is considered to be vitally necessary for the realisation of the advocacy phase of the human rights monitoring work. Other websites, such as the overall organisation website for the CSOs, are not covered by this support heading.),
- Software purchasing and membership costs (database, storage, design etc.),
- Design and management of social media tools,
- Domain name and hosting,
- Design, editing, printing and dissemination of visibility, information and publicity materials.
The following costs will be assessed in light of potential pandemic limitation during dates of travel:
- International / intercity travel
- Stay (room and breakfast),
- Passport and visa fees,
- Travel insurance, departure fees for Turkish citizens,
You may find all application and assessment criteria for relevant costs at Etkiniz EU Programme Guidelines for Request for Support.
For any further questions, you may contact the Etkiniz EU Programme Support Desk by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.