The Etkiniz EU Programme’s support for Dialogue Meetings covers meetings civil society organisations may hold with various groups, including public entities, civil society organisations, rights holders, the media and representatives of international human rights mechanisms, as an element of monitoring human rights.
Ensuring that your submitted request for support answers the following questions in the Suggested Activities section will make it much easier for us to assess your request:
- The aim of the meeting
- Expectations from participating organisations
- Date of the meeting (should be at least 45 days after the date of submission of your request)
- The province where the meeting will take place and the reason why that province was selected
- Expected duration of the meeting (half a day or one full day)
- Expected number of participants (please indicate the total number of participants from your association and invited organisations)
- Will there be participants from out of town? If yes, please state the expected number.
- Will any recordings be made at the meeting?
- Will you need simultaneous interpretation?
- Do you prefer a particular hotel?
- Meeting room layout (U layout, classroom layout etc.)
- Special preferences you would like to add (sign language interpretation, Braille printing etc.)
Please bear in mind that your meeting request for support may only take place after 20 business days at the earliest, following its approval. Furthermore, please note that your list of participants should be ready when you submit your request for support. Your list of participants is to be finalised 15 days before the meeting day at the latest, and it may not be amended afterwards.
You also need to submit your budget to us when preparing your request for support. You need to draw up your budget by taking into account the prices for hotels in and flights to and from the city where the meetings will take place, as well as the venue rental, transport, overnight stay, technical equipment, and out-of-town transport headers according to an accurate number of participants. If you intend to request a moderator/facilitating expert to be present at your meeting, this does not need to be included in the budget. If your request for support is found to be compliant, your proposed budget will be evaluated separately. The Etkiniz team will convey to you any necessary suggestions or amendments.
Dialogue meetings are organised according to Etkiniz’s procurement principles. These principles require working with suppliers who respect human rights, workers’ rights, animal rights and the environment; and to get “the best value for money”. Getting “the best value for money” means picking the most suitable goods and services that meet the needs of the event.
The meeting set-up is to include Etkiniz’s promotional pack and visibility elements. Please note that for any output or shares you may produce before, during and after the meeting in which Etkiniz is visible, you need to obtain visibility and content approval from the Etkiniz team.
Once registered on the Etkiniz EU Programme MIS System, civil society organisations may request support for dialogue meetings under the human rights monitoring section.