From December 10th 2020 Human Rights Day onwards, the Etkiniz EU Programme will prioritise support requests from healthcare professionals’ organisations who carry out/will carry out monitoring work in the right to health and labour unions working in the field of human rights in the assessment stage.
Etkiniz aims to make it a priority to support the monitoring work and access to international human rights monitoring mechanisms of healthcare professionals’ organisations who carry out/will carry out monitoring work in the right to health and labour unions working in the field of human rights who have benefited less from its support in absolute numbers and proportionally, and to ensure that their work is more visible. Etkiniz normally assesses the compliance of requests for support once every two months, but it will now respond within two weeks to support requests from healthcare professionals’ organisations who carry out/will carry out monitoring work in the right to health and labour unions working in the field of human rights.
Professionals’ organisations who already carry out or will carry out monitoring work in the field of health just need to add the label “Health” to the name of their work when applying to Etkiniz’s Human Rights Monitoring Work and Access to International Human Rights Mechanisms support.
Labour unions who are active in the field of human rights just need to add the label “Labour Union” to the name of their work when applying to Etkiniz’s Human Rights Monitoring Work and Access to International Human Rights Mechanisms support.
A single request may be given up to EUR 3000 worth of support.
You may find out more about the scope of the support to the provided to CSOs below, or visit https://etkiniz.eu/english/supports/ for detailed information on Etkiniz support.
Which costs does Etkiniz support for your work?
You may request support for the following types of costs under the two support categories of Etkiniz:
- Meeting costs (Only for online meetings until January 1st A separate decision will be taken on January 1st 2021 on whether to expand the scope of support depending on the course of pandemic.),
- Stationary costs,
- Written translation (reports, flyers, videos etc.),
- Interpretation (simultaneous and consecutive),
- Sign language interpretation,
- Equipment rentals,
- Website design, software and management (Support under the website design is only provided if it is considered to be vitally necessary for the realisation of the advocacy phase of the human rights monitoring work. Other websites, such as the overall organisation website for the CSOs, are not covered by this support heading.),
- Software purchasing and membership costs (database, storage, design etc.),
- Design and management of social media tools,
- Domain name and hosting,
- Design, editing, printing and dissemination of visibility, information and publicity materials.
The following costs will be assessed in light of potential pandemic limitation during dates of travel:
- International / intercity travel
- Stay (room and breakfast),
- Passport and visa fees,
- Travel insurance, departure fees for Turkish citizens,
You may find all application and assessment criteria for relevant costs at Etkiniz EU Programme Guidelines for Request for Support.
For any further questions, you may contact the Etkiniz EU Programme Support Desk by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.